Software Developer / DevOps
Salary Range: $40,000 – 55,000 DOE
Working at currIQūnet is energetic and collaborative. The innovative environment fosters excitement every single day.
We are a leading-edge SaaS curriculum development, management, and approval educational technology organization in which your dreams can come true. currIQūnet solutions are unique, innovative, and in-demand. We seek passionate, fun, and hard-working professionals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Does this sound like you? If yes, then read more about the position.
Ensure 100% availability of a SaaS platform that is built around Microsoft .NET tools and technologies.
- Work with development teams on transitioning to a Continuous Delivery process with automated build, test, and deployment. Create and maintain software build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins and Powershell.
- Advanced scripting using Powershell.
- Perform software releases to production and other client facing environments.
- Debug and resolve application and middleware issues.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement.
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain operational documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a leading-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Monitor and manage the Delivery Engineering ticketing queue (JIRA).
- BS, or CS degree with 3-5 + years related experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration including experience with tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices.
- Hands-on experience with a Distributed Version Control System such as Git.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of at least two of the following programming languages: C#, PowerShell, Java, C++.
- Experience with common Microsoft .NET build, package and deployment tools and such as MSBuild, MSDeploy and NuGet.
- Experience scripting provisioning of servers, applications, and/or infrastructure in a production environment at scale.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of IIS and Windows Server.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL.
- Good general familiarity with current theory and best practices in the DevOps community.
- Knowledge of test automation solutions and technologies such as Selenium, NUnit and POM.
- Knowledge of information security principles and relevant technologies such as SSL, GPG, and SAML and Shibboleth.
- Experience with virtual host configuration and management, either in private (VMWare, Xen) or public (AWS, Azure) cloud environments.
- Previous experience with Powershell.
- Experience operating production systems.
- Knowledge of new container technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Nomad.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in software development.